Avvisi e altre informazioni
for further information please visit
Orario di ricevimento
(aggiornato il 24/10/2013 22:14)
Proposte di tesi
please read about it at
Prof. Paolo Canu
• Full Professor of Applied Physical-Chemistry - University of Padua (Engineering Faculty), 2006
• Associate Professor, University of Padua (Engineering Faculty), 1998
• Lecturer, University of Padua (Engineering Faculty), 1994
• Process Eng. in an Environmental Engineering R&D company, 1992
• PhD in Chemistry at the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa in 1992, studying and doing research in Pisa, Milan, and United States (UW-Madison).
• Chemical Engineering bachelor at Politecnico di Milano, 1986
Since 1994, research and teaching at the Chemical Plants Dept. (now DII), University of Padua (Engineering Faculty), beginning new experimental and theoretical investigations, contributing to several fundamental and applied courses, tutoring more than 150 Bachelor and 15 PhD Theses.
Research activity: applied kinetics, with special interest on multiphase reactors (mostly fluid-solids interfaces). Both experimental and theoretical (modeling) methods are routinely used and combined. Interest focuses on the combination of detailed surface chemistry (microkinetics approach) and complex flow modeling through CFD, mostly on catalytic applications.
To date, more that 120 papers have been published, mostly on international peer-reviewed journals, including contribution to edited books as well as two textbooks (Applied Physical-Chemistry and Chemical Eng.Thermodynamics).
Several research projects have been coordinate, mostly involving industrial partners and addressing innovation in real applications.
Teaching is in the Chemical Engineering, Material, Environmental, and Energy curricula.
Present courses: ‘Chemical Reaction Enginnering’ and ‘Fuels and Combustion’
Former Coordinator of the School of Chemical Engineering in Padua (2006-2010).
Insegnamenti dell'AA 2016/17
|Università degli Studi di Padova, via 8 febbraio 2, 35122 Padova / P.IVA 00742430283 ‐ Informazioni sull'uso dei cookie|